Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Laziness, Homework, Omelette

Today is the Bank Holiday here in the UK, so not much is happening. Similarly, I had a spectacularly lazy day, which I'm going to argue is justified, considering that classes start tomorrow (bright and early for me).

I rolled out of bed at 11:30 this morning, then proceeded to shower and get ready, then grabbed my books and slouched down to the Starbucks on the corner for coffee and some homework that's been hanging over my head since I received the assignment in July. Oops. I hung out there for about two and a half hours, reading Castle Rackrent and a history of Ireland. This assigment isn't actually due to be completed until October, but both books need to be read before the first day of class for phase II, so I thought I'd get a start on it before my phase I classes begin tomorrow.

Slouched home, made an omelette with red peppers, onions and cheddar cheese. It wasn't bad. Fun fact: The Brits (and most Europeans) don't refrigerate their eggs! So, the rest of the day looks comparably lazy. We have a nice TV in the flat that gets a really bad American movie channel, so that's looking like the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers