Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

T-minus 3 weeks!

Hello to all who may or may not be reading this......

I decided to start a blog in which I will document my fall semester studying abroad in London! I am leaving August 24th and will be gone until December 20th. I figured this would be an easy way for all my friends and family to keep tabs on what I'm up to.

So, now I'm in the final stretch of summer. During the second phase of my semester abroad, I'm taking one, intensive course called "Modern Irish Literature". The study-abroad coordinator recommended I do the reading required for the first day of the course THIS SUMMER, so I'm beginning to take it seriously. This week, I intend to start reading "Castle Rackrent" by Maria Edgeworth, which, according to the introduction, is the first Irish novel, and a novel upon which many subsequent Irish novels are built.

In terms of items I need for London, I'm pretty much set. All I need to get is a webcam with a microphone to Skype with my parents and friends with and a few pairs of tights. Sooooo excited for the London fashion scene.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers