Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Threshold: Eve of Departure

Tomorrow, I shall embark on my journey to discover the roots of my European heritage, for exploration of my ancestral origins I shall cross the great Ocean and abide in London for the forthcoming months during the near future. Packing has been stressful, I would not let my boyfriend aid in the arduous process because I felt this adventure will be too close and personal for me to tolerate outside involvement in its preparation. I am shivering from nervous pangs, a strange foreboding, it is as if I stand upon the abyss of the unknown and I know I am about to take the plunge. I shall plumb the depths of my ignorance and conquer them, I know I can handle it, I can overcome this challenge and tomorrow I shall take the first step. Today held both celebration of the truths that shall soon be mine and lament for those I leave behind, waiting with open arms and bated breath for my return.

If all goes well, my following post should describe the environs of my London abode.
--T.R. MacGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers