Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Less than 2 weeks to go...

As the days go by, I realize how close my departure is... am I ready for this? I'm feeling 99% excited and 1% nervous. Last summer, I backpacked through Europe for a month. That is, slept in a tent and traveled through 6 countries, the majority in which I couldn't speak the language. London should be a breeze comparatively, right?

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that I'm going to be LIVING in London. For 4 months! It doesn't at all feel like I'm going to be going to "school" there. If I'm being honest with myself, homework and all that is definitely going to take a backseat to wandering around London. Who am I kidding? Hello, it's London!

If there's one thing I'm going to miss, it's all of the people I care about. Being at home this summer was nice, for the most part. I had a great babysitting job and got to see my boyfriend, Eliyah, pretty regularly as his parents live about an hour and a half from mine in New York state. I didn't get to see my friends Isabel, Elizabeth or Becca at ALL which was pretty awful, but I got to see Betsy on the weekend of the 4th of July which was great. I think I'm definitely ready for a change of scenery, and living in London (a huge city) is going to be fun after 4 semesters of Grinnell, Iowa, but I am going to miss my little school in the middle of nowhere. It's so much fun (my Dad doesn't understand this at all), and I guess being in London for a semester will only make my return to the cornfields that much more exciting.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers