Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Phone, Welcome Tea

Second update of the day...

First and foremost, I got a cheap mobile phone like my flat-mates. I caved, but it's okay because I am going to need to be in touch with them, and god-forbid I get lost or need to call someone. (For Mom and Dad, you can reach me ONLY in a dire situation at 011.44.750.311.2733 and that includes country and city code, like you should only have to dial that number). Anyone in the US can reach me here, but I also have skype (username is torrey.macgregor) and Facebook is usually a good option.

Anyway, today me and my flat-mates went to our "Welcome Tea" with all the professors and the Oberlin kids. It was really good to meet everyone, although it was definitely a bit awkward at first. I got to see my advisor, Professor Barlow, though! Tomorrow we have a day off, so my flat-mates and I are heading to the British Museum (which I found out has FREE admission) for a day of wandering, etc. We've also decided we need to have "our favorite pub", so we're going to start scouting tonight, looking at pubs in our immediate neighborhood. Tonight, we are tentatively checking out The Green Man, which is right across the street from the Great Portland Street tube stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers