Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Flat. Not Apartment, Flat.






My flat is awesome. Like, holy cow. Not only is it in one of the nicest parts of London, but it has that antiquated feel that I love so much. I am running on no sleep in at least 24 hours at this point, but I've already managed to take a quick stroll around the neighborhood and it is really cool-looking. I took a few hare-brained photos that I will attempt to post here, but suffice to say it's a cool neighborhood. There's a Sainsbury's market where I bought some bread, pastrami (that I thought was prosciutto...oh well), brie cheese, coffee!!! and a bottle of rose wine. I felt so sneaky checking out with a bottle of wine, but the drinking age IS only 18, remember. I love London already.

My flat-mates are lovely. The last one, Mali, just arrived and is scrubbing the airport off herself in the shower (the first thing I did when I got inside the flat), and the rest of them (Malory, Kayla, Sam and Joey) are out hunting for cheap mobile phones. I declined, mostly because I'm tired and kind of want to hang out alone, but also because I'm not sure I'm going to waste money on a mobile phone. It doesn't seem worth it to me. I have SKYPE!

The journey from Heathrow Airport to Central London was QUITE the adventure. It took me like, an hour and a half by the time I had purchased my tickets, etc. Let's just say I plan on spending the majority of my time in Zones 1 and 2 this semester.

I'm overwhelmed with excitement, exhaustion, emotion... I'm SO happy to be here in this adorable little flat in this wonderful big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers